This is a partial list of little personal projects I have worked on. These project are mostly very old, and many of them are fairly unpolished, since often the purpose of my projects has simply been to experiment with some new idea, programming tool or framework.
You can find the code for most of these at my github page, which is also home to many more projects in various states of disrepair.
- CollabPaint - Paint with friends in real-time.
- Snakepong - It’s like pong but your paddle is a snake. Play against a friend on one keyboard, or against the AI.
- QuickDiff - A file differencing tool built with React.
- Alcoholculator - A tool for efficiently purchasing alcoholic beverages. (My first ReactJS project).
- Meteors - A not-really-finished game where you bounce meteors into each other.
- Thumbnailer - A shockingly niche little tool which downloads images from your website which are larger than the width/height tags say they should be, and then resizes them. I really can’t remember why I built this.
AutoDMOZ - A website for categorising other websites into DMOZ categories using a linear TF-IDF model.- Currently non-functional.
Code and Maths Playgrounds
- Algorithms - I got bored one day and wrote some Python implementations of linked lists, heaps, hashmaps and A* search.
- Jupyter Notebooks - A collection of personal and academic notes on maths, statistics and machine learning.
- Grey Level Difference Method for Texture Classification - The code portion of a presentation for my university Computer Vision course.
- Circuit Tree Calculator - An implementation in Python of a simple DSL for representing and calculating properties of electric circuits.
Mobile and Embedded (source code only)
- HexKeyboard - a musical Isomorphic Keyboard for iOS.
- PrimerWare - a university project with John Preston for which we wrote games in C for an STMPrimer2.
- Arduino-LED-Entertainment-Suite - A collection of games for an Arduino plugged into an 8x8 LED matrix and some buttons. Unfortunately I have long forgotten how everything was wired together.
These are little games I wrote using BlitzMax, pre 2010.
- Mines A multiplayer minesweeper clone
- Shapes A Tetris clone
- Quadris A geometric puzzle game
- Pimorize A program which helps you memorize Pi.