I made this recently by searching for “hummus pasta salad” on google, taking inspiration for a recipe or two and then improvising with what I had. It’s surprisingly tasty! The flavours of each component stay relatively separated, so the better your olives/feta/tomatoes/hummus, the better your dish will be.
- About 250g of pasta (e.g. Fusilli. Wholewheat is nice/optional)
- Three/four tablespoons of hummus. I make my own with this recipe.
- A bowl of cherry tomatoes
- Half a jar of olives (about 90g?)
- A single red pepper
- About 200g of feta, chopped (vegan option: omit!)
- A glove of garlic, chopped
- Spices (e.g. black pepper, paprika, basil)
- A bit of oil for frying
Add red pepper, half of the tomatoes and garlic to a frying pan, fry on a medium heat for a few minutes, then turn down to low and add the olives and spices.
Meanwhile, mix the hummus with water until it takes on the consistency of cheese sauce. If you didn’t add enough lemon juice before, now’s your chance!
When the tomatoes have just started to fall apart, add the pasta, the hummus and the rest of the tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes (more if you made your sauce too thin), adding the feta halfway through.
Serve warm or cold!