I made this recently by searching for “hummus pasta salad” on google, taking inspiration for a recipe or two and then improvising with what I had.
It’s surprisingly tasty! The flavours of each component stay relatively separated, so the better your olives/feta/tomatoes/hummus, the better your dish will be.
- About 250g of pasta (e.g. Fusilli. Wholewheat is nice/optional)
- Three/four tablespoons of hummus. I make my own with this recipe.
- A bowl of cherry tomatoes
- Half a jar of olives (about 90g?)
- A single red pepper
- About 200g of feta, chopped (vegan option: omit!)
- A glove of garlic, chopped
- Spices (e.g. black pepper, paprika, basil)
- A bit of oil for frying
- Add red pepper, half of the tomatoes and garlic to a frying pan, fry on a medium heat for a few minutes, then turn down to low and add the olives and spices.
- Meanwhile, mix the hummus with water until it takes on the consistency of cheese sauce. If you didn’t add enough lemon juice before, now’s your chance!
- When the tomatoes have just started to fall apart, add the pasta, the hummus and the rest of the tomatoes.
- Simmer for a few minutes (more if you made your sauce too thin), adding the feta halfway through. Serve warm or cold!